NO COPING WITH GRIEF IN MENTAL HEALTH
Sometimes, the grieving process can
be very difficult. People will find it difficult to acknowledge the bereavement
and may not work through their feelings properly. Certain factors may make a
difficult bereavement more likely:
- 1-Being male.
- 2-Several previous bereavements
- 3-History of mental illness eg. Depression, anxiety, previous suicide attempts. Dependent relationship with person who died.
- 4-Relationship where you had trouble or negative feelings about the deceased
- 5-Low self-esteem
- 6-Lack of support from family and friends.
Bereavement can also cause problems
for the bereaved if there are certain circumstances around the death. These can
- 1-Sudden death
- 2-Death of parent when a child or adolescent
- 3-Miscarriage or death of baby
- 4-Death due to suicide
- 5-Death due to AIDS
- 6-Death of co-habiting partner/same sex partner/extramarital relationship, where relationship may not be legally recognised or recognised by family and…
View original post 130 more words