What Is The Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse?
There are misconceptions about male sexual abuse. The fact that a male may ejaculate during an
assault is a physiological response and does not imply consent. There may be misconceptions that the assault
was a “rite of passage” or sexual initiation but the victim will still
experience the same Traumatic Sexual Assault Syndrome. Ways for supporting male victims include –
- 1- Help him to find somewhere he feels safe.
- 2- Believe him.
- 3- Listen to him.
- 4- Do not minimize his experience.
- 5- Respect his decisions.
- 6- Reassure him the assault is not his fault.
- 7- Be aware of your own misconceptions regarding males who have been sexually assaulted.
- 8- Encourage him to seek professional support.
- 9- Remind him abuse is abnormal, his feelings and responses are normal. 10- Make him aware you know how difficult it was for him to disclose hisabuse.
Stalking is often a…
View original post 121 more words