WHAT ARE THE CHILDREN’S SIGNS WITH SERIOUS PROBLEMS LOSS AND GRIEF?
Children who are having serious problems with grief and loss may show one
or more of these signs:
- 1- An extended period of depression in which the child loses interest indaily activities and events.
- 2- Inability to sleep, loss of appetite, prolonged
fear of being alone.
- 3- Acting much younger for an extended period.
- 4- Excessively imitating the dead person.
- 5- Repeated statements of wanting to join the dead person.
- 6- Withdrawal from friends, or sharp drop in school performance orrefusal to attend school.
These warning signs indicate that professional help may be needed. A
child and adolescent psychiatrist can help the child accept the death and
assist the survivors in helping the child through the mourning process.
They may also show signs of reduced self-esteem, dropping activities they used to love, show risk taking behaviour or have a deteriorating relationship with other members of their family.
View original post 79 more words