Another reason why it may be hand to stop ruminating is that you might think it is helpful or that something bad will happen if you don’t do it. These are just some of the beliefs that people hold:
- Rumination helps me to work through my problems.
- Rumination helps me to cope with my feelings.
- If I can just keep thinking about this for long enough, I will eventually come up with an answer.
- Rumination shows that I care.
- If I stop ruminating, I might miss an opportunity to find the answer that will make everything okay.
- If I stop ruminating, I might never sort my feelings out.
- If I don’t ruminate about what I did wrong or what I could do better, I will become selfish and arrogant.
- In fact, what we know about rumination shows that these beliefs are more or less opposite to the facts. We know that when people ruminate their ability to solve problems in a constructive way gets worse, and their negative feelings get stronger. We also know that to show you care about something, it is usually better to do something constructive than just to think about it.
- Even though rumination may be causing problems for you, it will be very difficult for you to make changes unless you believe that it’s a good thing to stop .
BUY ONLINE MY ROMANTIC COMEDIC PLAY BOOK
Delivery of your eBook copy is done on your email on the same day of paying.